Monday, July 22, 2013

Nobody's perfect, and I stand accused


For those of you who don't really know me on a personal, life story level, this is one of my childhood best friends, Morgan. Now, throughout our lives our friendship has had it's ups and downs. While her sister Kella will always be my best friend at heart, it was Morgan that started it all. It was third grade, and her first day at school. Alone, and scared. At lunch time I came up and sat next to her. I introduced myself and shared my fruit gummies with her, and the rest is history. Now let me begin by saying that me and her family have a long, dramatic, and at times heartbreaking history. I wont get into that, but just take note. Since Kella had become my partner in crime Morgan and I were not as close, still friends at heart but not close. After school I pretty much lost touch with both of them for a while. We all had our own lives to move on with. Recently I got back in touch with Kella and she is now a bridesmaid in my wedding. Even more recently, as in today, I have contacted Morgan.

I have had this urge recently to reach out to her. Not just her but a lot of friends I've lost contact with including Katie and Jennifer. I'm pretty lonely if that isn't apparent. Anyway, I wont go into details about her life and I'm sure she will appreciate that. The point is I've had the urge, and I gave into that urge today to reach out and help people.

People make mistakes. That is something that just happens. We are all flawed in some way. Some make more mistakes than others, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a friend. I have to get over it and love people no matter what. I have lived so selfishly up to this point and it's time for a change. I need to be the one to reach out and be there. I can't do much for someone, but I can be a friend. No one is perfect and people will let you down. Get used to it. I know that reaching out to old friends can turn around and bite me in the butt, but I'm prepared for that. I'm prepared to forgive and to make forgiveness a habit. Oh and if you need any more persuasion than that, remember than only 25% of the human population have a close friend they can confide in. Think about that next time you decide whether or not to reach out to someone.

Thank you for reading, and I hope that I can help someone with this. Maybe you can relate to it? I start my new job tomorrow and I will give an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment