Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The hunt for pale foundation...

Okay, as I'm anxiously awaiting my new job and wedding, I have many things to do. One of which is finding a new foundation. I currently use MAC foundation, the lightest one they make, mind you. It is a few shades too dark, and it has pink undertones which is a no-no for anyone. So I went into sephora, and I was just going to go and look at foundations myself, when an associate insisted she help me. I didn't want to be rude, since I am in fact a licensed esthetician and all, so I humored her.

She sent me home with three samples of foundation. Two shades of Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hr foundation, and the lightest shade of Makeupforever's HD foundation. I am wearing the Tarte foundation in "fair" today. Here is a picture of it in daylight, no flash:






Okay, so my first impressions of this foundation are not good. It CLAIMS to be full coverage, but it isn't. Buildable, maybe. However in my dictionary "buildable coverage" does not mean "full coverage" It has a matte finish, which is nice. It is a creamy, mousse-like texture. I was nervous that it would feel thick and heavy on my face, but it doesn't at all. I barely feel it. Now, the color  match seems to be perfect, which has been difficult for me to find. That's definitely my color. Pale as snow white. It retails for $38 dollars. This is kind of expensive. I probably wont end up buying this foundation, and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends. I just feel like foundation needs to do more for you. Especially when you are going to spend close to $40 dollars. It's an investment. You should never take risks when it comes to investments. This is my face we're talking about. And I'm an esthetician. C'mon people.

I also bought a gluten-free cookbook yesterday, along with Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual. I'm excited to read both. I need to stock up on cookbooks since I'm going to have to start cooking in about 3 months. We'll see how that goes ;)

I will probably start my job at Shelton's next Monday/Tuesday. Which means this is my last week at ECYC. THANK YOU LORD!!! The class I have is driving me insane! I'm ready to start my career and be away from kids for a while. Not that I don't like kids. Just try doing my job for a day, then ask yourself if you wouldn't want a vacation.

Anyway, I'm off to go grocery shopping. I'll let you guys know how the foundation end up working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment